Jan Meinema – Sound designer, Rerecording Mixer, Field recordist and Lecturer

Wednesday 15 January 2020 12-2pm CM105

Jan works as a sound designer for short and feature independent films, documentaries and animations. His practice is based on a story driven approach to sound design. Particular interest areas are perspectival shifts and abstractions in film sound design and the crossover between scoring and sound design.

A list of Jan’s film credits can be found here on the IMDB site

You might be interested in …

Cathy Lane: The stories we tell….. and are told

Uncategorized

Wednesday 6 January, 12-2pm [online via Minerva] For a long time I considered my work to be about the relationship between sound, history and memory, using recorded spoken word and field recordings as my primary materials. However over the last decade or so, I realise that my recent work is all about stories – the […]

Read More

Amnon Wolman: Experimenting with the composition process

Uncategorized

Wednesday 19 February, 12-2pm, CM107 In recent years, experimental music has defined itself as an aesthetic and a “sound” identified by specific pieces and composers. In this talk I will try to shift the discussion back to experimentation as a central part of the composition process regardless of an aesthetic or sound. In my own […]

Read More

Leo Chadburn – Found Text, Speaking Voices, Self Portraits

Uncategorized

Leo Chadburn talks about his work from the last decade: music that is concerned with the musicality and theatricality of the speaking voice, found text, lists and stream-of-consciousness writing. He has drawn upon models borrowed from visual art, such as the installation work of Susan Hiller and the films of John Smith and Peter Greenaway, […]

Read More