James Saunders/Matthew Sergeant: Making Pieces

Weds 22 Jan, 12-2pm, CM105

James and Matt will each look through a recent piece and discuss their working process, from initial ideas and planning, through to completion and realisation.

You might be interested in …

Graham Fitkin

Uncategorized

Wednesday 28 October 2020, 12-2pm [online via Minerva] Graham Fitkin talks about his compositions and long-standing musical inclinations, including use of patterns, information flow and juxtaposition. Along the way excerpts from a number of pieces will be heard showing how his work has changed over the years. I compose for live performance, dance, media and […]

Read More

Evan Johnson – Composing with Hand and Forearm

Uncategorized

Wednesday 28 April 2021, 12-2pm [online via Minerva] A combination of discussion of some recent works, a polemic, and a plea: on the importance of the body and its motions, postures and rhythms in everything to do with notated music: not only the performance, not only the material, but the score and even the act […]

Read More

Mark Bowden

Uncategorized

Wednesday 19 May 2021, 12-2pm [online via Minerva] In this session I’ll talk through and play music from some current projects and some things from a few years back. I’ll also say a bit about ideas for the future. I’ll touch on technique, collaboration, Italo Calvino, dance, and recording. I’ll also talk a little bit […]

Read More