Cat Hope: Animated Graphic notations for electro/acoustic and collaborative works

Wednesday 9 December, 12-2pm [online via Minerva]

In this presentation, Australian composer and performer Cat Hope talks about her animated notation practice and how it is used to facilitate the inclusion of electronics in a series of small and large scale works. Originally engaged to enable a focus on very low sound, glissandi and long form gestures, Hope’s notation style has grown to facilitate different types of collaborative practices across different conceptual themes and frames.

Cat Hope is a composer and performer who creates music that is conceptually driven, in animated graphic scores formats for acoustic / electronic combinations and improvisations. Her music is characterised by aleatoric elements, drone, noise and glissandi as well as an ongoing fascination with low frequency sound that threads through all her creative work.

For more information see https://www.cathope.com/

You might be interested in …

Anna Meredith

Uncategorized

Wednesday 25 November 2020, 12-2pm [online via Minerva] Anna will be chatting through some of the range of projects she’s worked on in recent years including opening up her work beyond commissioned acoustic/orchestral etc work to include writing albums and performing with her band, writing for film and tv and installation work. She’ll also talk […]

Read More

Larkhall – The Sea Was Never Blue

Uncategorized

Wednesday 2 October, 12-2pm, CM105. The Sea Was Never Blue pairs an hour of melodic, dynamic new piano music with bespoke algorithmically-generated live visuals, short films in which each note played on the piano triggers an event on-screen, responding in real time to the give-and-take of the live performance. To create these visualisations, Larkhall (Charlie […]

Read More

Emily Hall – Adventures in word setting

Uncategorized

Wednesday 14 October, 12-2pm [online via Minerva] Everything from why I started working with words, how working with words allowed me to find my musical voice, how I choose texts, how I adapt them to work for me, how I set them, how I collaborate with living writers, setting texts out of copyright, translations….I will […]

Read More