Catherine Lamb – The in-between

Wednesday 14 April, 12-2pm [online via Minerva]

Catherine Lamb talks about the in-between, notions of impurities, perspectivism, Sruti as harmonic thinking, spirals, and multi-dimensional realities. We will also listen to some music.

Catherine Lamb is an active composer exploring the interaction of tone, summations of shapes and shadows, phenomenological expansions, the architecture of the liminal (states in between outside/inside), and the long introduction form. She currently resides in Berlin.

You might be interested in …

Rie Nakajima – becoming sounds

Uncategorized

Wednesday 20 November 2019, 12-2pm, CM105Talk 12-2pm Rie will present her work with objects as instruments and sculpture, positioning sounds, and making something happen in space with sound. Rie Nakajima is a Japanese artist working with installations and performances that produce sound. Her works are most often composed in direct response to unique architectural spaces […]

Read More

Larkhall – The Sea Was Never Blue

Uncategorized

Wednesday 2 October, 12-2pm, CM105. The Sea Was Never Blue pairs an hour of melodic, dynamic new piano music with bespoke algorithmically-generated live visuals, short films in which each note played on the piano triggers an event on-screen, responding in real time to the give-and-take of the live performance. To create these visualisations, Larkhall (Charlie […]

Read More

Emily Hall – Adventures in word setting

Uncategorized

Wednesday 14 October, 12-2pm [online via Minerva] Everything from why I started working with words, how working with words allowed me to find my musical voice, how I choose texts, how I adapt them to work for me, how I set them, how I collaborate with living writers, setting texts out of copyright, translations‚Ķ.I will […]

Read More