Stefan Prins – From “Not I” to “under_current”:  the electric guitar in my life

Wednesday 20 October 2021, 12-2pm [online via Minerva]

Stefan will talk about two pieces in which the electric guitar is central: an ‘early’ piece (Not I, for e-guitar and live-electronics) and under_current, his electric guitar “concerto”, which will have been premiered, a few days before the talk, in Donaueschingen. He will discuss the e-guitar in his music, electronics, collaborating with performers, and algorithmic composition versus pencil and paper.

For more information about Stefan please see his website.

You might be interested in …

Kathy Hinde – Interdisciplinary artwork with an environmental conscience

Wednesday 13 October 2021, 12-2pm [online via Minerva] Kathy Hinde will share recent installations, performances, participatory works and research from her current practice. She will include details of recent collaborations with environmental scientists, and outline her motivations and aspirations to engage people with critical issues around climate change through embodied experiences via artistic media and […]

Read More

Richard Scott

Wednesday 19 January, 12-2pm [online via Minerva] Richard Scott is a composer and improvisor residing in Berlin, who has been navigating the nether regions of free improvisation, jazz and avant-garde composition for some four decades. For the last few years he has been mostly focused on developing a personal and quite visceral approach to the […]

Read More

Marko Ciciliani – Composing in Expanded Fields

Wednesday 6 April, 12-2pm [online via Minerva] Since almost two decades my compositions often included visual components. While for a long time I focused on specific relationships between the visual and sonic layer – audiovisual composition in a strict sense – in more recent works the inclusion of other disciplines led me to abandon standard […]

Read More