George Vlad

Wednesday 24 November, 12-2pm [online via Minerva]

I have about 10 years of experience working in audio for games, film and other media. I spend about 70% of my time in the studio where I do sound design, music composition and implementation mostly in the video games industry. The remaining 30% I spend organising and leading expeditions to remote parts of the world where I record nature, wildlife and cultures. I also do some conservation and ecology work and I take photos and shoot video on location. You can find out more about me on my website or Youtube channel.

You might be interested in …

Laura Bowler (Open Scores Lab 17)

Wednesday 3 October, 12-4pm (CM.107) The first lab of the year features a visit from composer-performer Laura Bowler, who will talk about extremes and autobiography in her work.┬áIn the second half of the lab, Alex Mah and Harry Matthews report back from the KLANGRAUM and CAMP summer schools that they attended this year, and will […]

Read More

Richard Scott

Wednesday 19 January, 12-2pm [online via Minerva] Richard Scott is a composer and improvisor residing in Berlin, who has been navigating the nether regions of free improvisation, jazz and avant-garde composition for some four decades. For the last few years he has been mostly focused on developing a personal and quite visceral approach to the […]

Read More

Kathy Hinde – Interdisciplinary artwork with an environmental conscience

Wednesday 13 October 2021, 12-2pm [online via Minerva] Kathy Hinde will share recent installations, performances, participatory works and research from her current practice. She will include details of recent collaborations with environmental scientists, and outline her motivations and aspirations to engage people with critical issues around climate change through embodied experiences via artistic media and […]

Read More