George Vlad

Wednesday 24 November, 12-2pm [online via Minerva]

I have about 10 years of experience working in audio for games, film and other media. I spend about 70% of my time in the studio where I do sound design, music composition and implementation mostly in the video games industry. The remaining 30% I spend organising and leading expeditions to remote parts of the world where I record nature, wildlife and cultures. I also do some conservation and ecology work and I take photos and shoot video on location. You can find out more about me on my website or Youtube channel.

You might be interested in …

Laura Steenberge – Blank banderoles

Wednesday 17 November 2021, 12-2pm [online via Minerva] Laura Steenberge’s work as a performer and composer is informed by the study of iconography, music and psychoacoustic phenomena that have represented imaginary and supernatural voices through the ages. For this talk, she will discuss several recent pieces alongside banderoles, necromancers, and medieval chant. Laura Steenberge is an […]

Read More

Dan Graham – Library Music

Wednesday 3 November 2021, 1-2pm [online via Minerva] *Please note the later start time* Library music composer and label owner Dan Graham will respond to questions about library music drawing on his extensive industry experience. As well as working as a composer himself, Dan runs the production music library Gothic Storm, providing trailer music for […]

Read More

Gavin Morris: Digital Funfair. Wednesday 10 October 2018, 12-2pm, CM.107

Gavin Morris has an MA in Digital Media and makes digital interactive installations. Through Nesta funding 10 years ago he created the Digital Funfair, a festival-based interactive entertainment experience which comprises a collection of interactive multi-media installations masked as old style fairground entertainment. The Digital Funfair has toured across the UK and Europe, including Glastonbury, […]

Read More