George Vlad

Wednesday 24 November, 12-2pm [online via Minerva]

I have about 10 years of experience working in audio for games, film and other media. I spend about 70% of my time in the studio where I do sound design, music composition and implementation mostly in the video games industry. The remaining 30% I spend organising and leading expeditions to remote parts of the world where I record nature, wildlife and cultures. I also do some conservation and ecology work and I take photos and shoot video on location. You can find out more about me on my website or Youtube channel.

You might be interested in …

Richard Barrett – Systems & Spontaneity (Compositions 2020-21)

Wednesday 12 January, 12-2pm [online via Minerva] Restrictions on live performance over the past two years gave rise to some quite extensive rethinking of my approach to composition, starting from a desire to produce work which made creative use of a different set of possibilities, rather than a simulation of pre-pandemic circumstances. This led to […]

Read More

Kathy Hinde – Interdisciplinary artwork with an environmental conscience

Wednesday 13 October 2021, 12-2pm [online via Minerva] Kathy Hinde will share recent installations, performances, participatory works and research from her current practice. She will include details of recent collaborations with environmental scientists, and outline her motivations and aspirations to engage people with critical issues around climate change through embodied experiences via artistic media and […]

Read More

Stefan Prins – From “Not I” to “under_current”: ┬áthe electric guitar in my life

Wednesday 20 October 2021, 12-2pm [online via Minerva] Stefan will talk about two pieces in which the electric guitar is central: an ‘early’ piece (Not I, for e-guitar and live-electronics) and under_current, his electric guitar “concerto”, which will have been premiered, a few days before the talk, in Donaueschingen. He will discuss the e-guitar in […]

Read More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.