Charlie Sdraulig – one to one

Wednesday 8 December 2021, 12-2pm [online via Minerva]

Composer Charlie Sdraulig will propose ways of reimagining how performers and audiences relate to one another, as explored in his series one to one (2018-20). He will discuss aspects of participation, nonverbal interaction, and entrainment.

Charlie Sdraulig’s music often draws attention to the social dynamics of musical situations, focusing on subtle sonic and gestural behaviours. His work has been presented at numerous festivals, including Lucerne Festival Forward (Switzerland), MATA (USA), Rainy Days (Luxembourg), and SPOR (Denmark). Recent close collaborators include ELISION (Australia), Gwen Rouger (France), Marco Fusi (Italy), and Winnie Huang (Australia). His research encompasses writing upon social interaction and innovative notations in experimental sonic practices. He was a Doctoral fellow at Stanford University and is currently a college tutor at the University of Melbourne, Australia.

You might be interested in …

Laura Bowler (Open Scores Lab 17)

Wednesday 3 October, 12-4pm (CM.107) The first lab of the year features a visit from composer-performer Laura Bowler, who will talk about extremes and autobiography in her work. In the second half of the lab, Alex Mah and Harry Matthews report back from the KLANGRAUM and CAMP summer schools that they attended this year, and will […]

Read More

Richard Barrett – Systems & Spontaneity (Compositions 2020-21)

Wednesday 12 January, 12-2pm [online via Minerva] Restrictions on live performance over the past two years gave rise to some quite extensive rethinking of my approach to composition, starting from a desire to produce work which made creative use of a different set of possibilities, rather than a simulation of pre-pandemic circumstances. This led to […]

Read More

George Vlad

Wednesday 24 November, 12-2pm [online via Minerva] I have about 10 years of experience working in audio for games, film and other media. I spend about 70% of my time in the studio where I do sound design, music composition and implementation mostly in the video games industry. The remaining 30% I spend organising and […]

Read More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *