Ioannis Panagiotou

Wednesday 30 March 2022, 12-2pm [online via Minerva]

Ioannis Panagiotou will present his work, which explores and recreates lost memories through a transdisciplinary approach. This work takes the form of installations, video works, books, concert music, performance art and community works for prisons and refugee camps. He will introduce the concept of Pinecone Structures as a flattening phenomenon, which approaches diverse materials as characters in the same play.

Ioannis Panagiotou is an artist and composer who explores lost memories and issues of diaspora through transdisciplinary practices. He holds a PhD from The University of Edinburgh, where he has taught Sound Design and Sculpture. At the moment he is an Artist in Residence at the Zurich University of the Arts and a Lecturer in Music, Creative Writing and AV Arts at Weston College and HMP Portland Prison. Works of him have been performed internationally in Namiki Square, Dialogues Festival, PLUG Contemporary Music Festival, Museum of Asian Art, MUSA Collection Centre, Vilnius Rotuse and the Greek National Opera. His collaboration include F-Wakaba Dance, Plus-Minus Ensemble, Red Note Ensemble, Edinburgh Quartet, and  Edinburgh Film Music Orchestra among others.

more info at: www.ioannispanagiotou.com

You might be interested in …

Oli Julian

Wednesday 27 April, 12-2pm [online via Minerva] Oli Julian is a composer for film and TV, working most extensively in comedy and comedy drama. Based in Sheffield, he has worked on a wide range of projects including Sex Education, Motherland, Catastrophe & Plebs. He will be discussing his process from being hired on the job […]

Read More

Marko Ciciliani – Composing in Expanded Fields

Wednesday 6 April, 12-2pm [online via Minerva] Since almost two decades my compositions often included visual components. While for a long time I focused on specific relationships between the visual and sonic layer – audiovisual composition in a strict sense – in more recent works the inclusion of other disciplines led me to abandon standard […]

Read More

George Vlad

Wednesday 24 November, 12-2pm [online via Minerva] I have about 10 years of experience working in audio for games, film and other media. I spend about 70% of my time in the studio where I do sound design, music composition and implementation mostly in the video games industry. The remaining 30% I spend organising and […]

Read More