Jake Gaule

Wednesday 23 March, 12-2pm [online via Minerva and in CM223]

Jake Gaule (he/him) is a freelance Composer & Sound Designer who hates writing in the third person. Currently I work mostly within gaming industry. I love playful, whimsical, gentle, ambient, natural sounds, and big, brash, janky, electronic weirdness in equal measure. I like to work on projects that will challenge me to learn new technical skills, explore fresh sonic ideas and indulge my natural curiosity for trying to make stuff I’ve never made before!

For more information, see Jake’s website

You might be interested in …

Richard Barrett – Systems & Spontaneity (Compositions 2020-21)

Wednesday 12 January, 12-2pm [online via Minerva] Restrictions on live performance over the past two years gave rise to some quite extensive rethinking of my approach to composition, starting from a desire to produce work which made creative use of a different set of possibilities, rather than a simulation of pre-pandemic circumstances. This led to […]

Read More

George Vlad

Wednesday 24 November, 12-2pm [online via Minerva] I have about 10 years of experience working in audio for games, film and other media. I spend about 70% of my time in the studio where I do sound design, music composition and implementation mostly in the video games industry. The remaining 30% I spend organising and […]

Read More

Ioannis Panagiotou

Wednesday 30 March 2022, 12-2pm [online via Minerva] Ioannis Panagiotou will present his work, which explores and recreates lost memories through a transdisciplinary approach. This work takes the form of installations, video works, books, concert music, performance art and community works for prisons and refugee camps. He will introduce the concept of Pinecone Structures as […]

Read More