Marko Ciciliani – Composing in Expanded Fields

Wednesday 6 April, 12-2pm [online via Minerva]

Since almost two decades my compositions often included visual components. While for a long time I focused on specific relationships between the visual and sonic layer – audiovisual composition in a strict sense – in more recent works the inclusion of other disciplines led me to abandon standard concert formats and to explore hybrids between concerts, performances and installations.  In my talk I am going to present some recent projects where the questions, how a particular encounter between audience members and aspects of the work could be designed in aesthetically meaningful ways. Beyond the sonic and the visual also elements such as ergodic and transmedia storytelling, or the co-presence of virtual and physical performance spaces became significant.

For more information about Marko, please see his website

You might be interested in …

Freeman Edwards – Walden Reimagined

Wednesday 4 May 2022, 12-2pm [online via Minerva] Freeman Edwards is a composer whose central focus is creating pieces as electric guitar recordings, which are freely distributed and intended for private playback. These works tend to be concise, and explore continuous pitch space using special tools and extended techniques. Freeman will talk about his process, […]

Read More

Sara Glojnarić

Wednesday 23 February 2022, 12-2pm [online via Minerva] – rescheduled from last year Sara will be discussing recontextualization as a compositional strategy, pop-culture nostalgia, translation as extended authorship, and the juxtaposition of these processes, while showcasing both video (This Champagne Is Burned, popfem #2) and acoustic pieces (Artefacts 2, Latitudes, Im Stein) from 2018 to today. Sara Glojnarić is a composer based in Stuttgart, Germany, […]

Read More

Jake Gaule

Wednesday 23 March, 12-2pm [online via Minerva and in CM223] Jake Gaule (he/him) is a freelance Composer & Sound Designer who hates writing in the third person. Currently I work mostly within gaming industry. I love playful, whimsical, gentle, ambient, natural sounds, and big, brash, janky, electronic weirdness in equal measure. I like to work […]

Read More